Emotionally, I’m done. Mentally, I’m drained. Spiritually, I’m dead. Physically, I’m defeated.
A study conducted by the University of Scranton, Journal of Clinical Psychology states, “Only 8 Percent of people who make New Year’s Resolutions are successful in achieving their resolution.”
There are three reasons you are not living the life you desire and deserve.
- You know what you want but you don’t know how to get it!
- You know what you want but you don’t believe you deserve it!
- You know what you want, but you lack the commitment it takes to get it!
- I lacked confidence that I could lose the weight because I convinced myself I was alright just the way I was.
- I lacked clarity. I didn’t see myself going to the gym or walking around the park and so I stayed content and comfortable in an uncomfortable situation even though I knew I wasn’t happy with myself. (do I have a witness?)
- I lacked commitment. In order to get anything out of life it takes commitment. Not only to the results, but to the process.
I became clear about how I would lose weight.
I became confident that I could lose the weight.
And then I became committed to myself and the goal I set of losing the weight.
If you are tired of being emotionally done – do something! If you are tired of being spiritually dead – do something! If you are tired of being physically defeated – do something! If you are tired of being mentally drained – do something!
Yep, you thought you could do a bunch of stuff in excellence, girl, I did too, but it only leads to being overwhelmed and burned out.
I’m often asked by women I coach, “Patricia, how do you get so much done.” After all, I’m a wife, mother, grandmother, Professional Life Coach, Author, Speaker, business woman and the list goes on.
That start/stop/start process is rough on us: rather than saving time, it costs time (even very small microseconds), it’s less efficient, we make more mistakes, and over time it can be energy sapping.” Nancy K. Napier Ph.D.
Years ago, I was just like many of the women I coach, burning the candle at both ends and getting absolutely nowhere.
Make the goal. Achieve it. Celebrate it. It sounds simple, because it is.
I hear from so many women about not having enough time in the day to accomplish all the things they need to do, but there is time.
We’re all given the same 24 hours a day which equates to 1,440 minutes to do what we choose to do.
That’s right. You make a conscious decision to either play around on social media or go to the gym and get fit. You make a conscious decision to either cook a healthy meal or eat fast food.
Everything you do is a conscious decision. Some things we put much effort into and others we don’t which is why people like me can get so much done, while others don’t.
This year, how about focusing on one thing for a full 90 days and completing that task before moving on to something else? Trust me, it works!
- Make the goal
- Achieve it
- Celebrate and keep moving
Do me a favor, leave a comment and then share this blog with a friend.
Dr. Patricia Shaw, Certified Professional Coach
Teaching women who struggle to move forward in life and love how to go from burn out and overwhelm to living a liberated life. Overflowing with confidence, beaming with clarity, grounded in a committment to who they are.